Coconut Pineapple Rice
Updated: May 29
Everyone wants to eat healthy food. Okay, let me correct it: almost everyone wants to eat delicious, sustainable, hassle-free, healthy food. So today, I am making an easy-breezy, tropically delicious one-pot rice without oil. Pineapple coconut rice is my family’s favorite one-pot meal. You can pair this rice with any side dish or eat it without any sides. It has a sweet and tangy flavor to entice your tastebud. Besides, it is an excellent lunch box meal. I am cooking rice with bite-sized pineapple chunks and coconut milk with a slight hint of spices in this dish. I use desiccated coconut for a richer taste, but you can always use freshly shredded one. A teaspoon of coconut sugar adds a nice flavor, but you can use jaggery or brown sugar as a substitute. I am also adding dry-roasted cashew. A handful of cashew adds a lovely crunch to the dish and more nutrition. By roasting cashews, I am increasing their digestibility and absorbability by the body. Do try this recipe; Your kids are going to love it.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time:15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Pineapple – 2 cups (diced)
Coconut milk – 3 cups
Coconut desiccated/ freshly shredded – 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp (or freshly grated)
Rice – 2 cups (basmati /long-grained)
Bay leaf- 1
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon stick – 1
Caraway – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Coconut sugar – 1 tsp
Salt- as per taste
Rinse rice and soak it for 20 mins.
Heat a wok or a heavy-based stainless-steel pot. Using medium flame, Dry roast caraway seeds, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf for a minute
3. Add grated ginger and garlic to the wok. Stir for 10 sec.
4. Add desiccated coconut to it and roast for a minute till it gets a golden-brown color.
5. Now add pineapples and rice to the wok. Stir it nicely.
6. Add coconut milk, sugar, garam masala powder, and salt.
7. Cover the wok and let it simmer for 10 mins.
8. Fluff the rice gently. Mix roasted cashew nuts and garnish the rice with spring onions and cilantro leaves. Enjoy