Spinach carrot salad
This Korean style side dish is pretty quick and easy to make. I first had this in my friend's house and loved it. The best thing about this salad is it is pretty customizable. The main ingredient in this traditional Korean recipe is spinach, a great source of iron. I add carrot as well for more iron absorption. Moreover, soya sauce present helps enhances iron absorption as well.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cook time: 0 min
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 3 Ingredients:
Spinach- 8 oz.
Carrot- 1 (grated)
Sesame oil- 1 tbsp.
Sesame seeds- 2tbsp (roasted)
Soy sauce- 1tbsp
Salt - As per taste
1. Clean spinach and Keep spinach leaves in a large bowl.
2. Add boiling water to spinach and blanch for 30 seconds.
3. Squeeze spinach nicely and take all the water out.
4. In a bowl, add all the ingredients except blanched spinach.
5. Mix it properly.
6. Add spinach to it and mix.
7. Enjoy your simple an iron-rich salad.
(Note- You can adjust seasoning according to your palate.)