Veggieful- a savory pancake
This is a typical weekday breakfast. You need to finely chop various veggies in a chickpea flour batter and make pancakes out of eating. It's a pretty popular Indian breakfast given how easy, wholesome, and amount of nutrition it has. Moreover, it keeps you full till lunchtime. I always prefer a hearty, wholesome breakfast as it refrains me to munch unhealthy food till lunchtime. Every time you put some healthy stuff in your mouth, you not only keep your belly happy, but you also avoid all the mood swings and keep your skin and hair ( to name a few) happy and healthy. Vegetable pancakes are a better way to sneak some veggies inside that you usually won't prefer because of taste. My little one never likes mushrooms, but she happily eats veggie pancakes as it is difficult to make out individual taste among many veggies. You can add all vegetables of your choice or according to the availability of vegetables. Any combination of vegetables like onions, spinach, kale, zucchini, bottle gourd, mushroom, spring onions, bell peppers, tomatoes goes so well with it. Herbs like cilantro and parsley nicely enhance its taste.
Preparation time: 15 mins
cook time: 7 mins ( per pancake)
Total time : 57 mins
Roasted gram flour/ besan- 1 cup
Mushroom- 2 (finely chopped)
Spinach – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Zucchini – 1 (grated)
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Green chilies – 1 finely chopped (optional)
Black pepper – 2 (freshly crushed)
Oil – 1- 2 tsp for one pancake (any cold-pressed oil of your choice)
Salt- to taste
Water – to make a batter.
1. Mix all the ingredients. Whisk it properly.
2. Add little water. Whisk it. Make a pancake batter consistency. (Do not pour too much water, as little at a time if needed.)
3. Heat a girdle grease it . Pour a ladle full of batter. With the help of a spoon, spread the batter uniformly.
4. Pour 1- 2 tsp oil (any cold-pressed oil of your choice).
5. Cook both the sides till it turns golden brown.
6. Serve it hot with chutney or dip.