Most holidays are wrapped up in tradition and are tied to the past. People add special foods and celebrations to make holidays memorable and exciting. – Whitney Stewart
Food is a focal point of a festival, and a feast would be incomplete without a mouthwatering dessert. Since the holidays are just around the corner, it's time to think about some good options for your holiday menu.
To eliminate processed foods and added sugar from my holiday spread, I created a healthy vegan fudge with no oil or added sugar. It is a delicious guilt-free treat that is a perfect addition to your holiday cooking.
My recipe features spinach as the main ingredient, along with toasted coconut for a richer and deeper taste, sweetened with dates and cardamom powder for a lovely flavor.
Preparation time -10 mins
Cooking time - 30 mins
Total time - 40 mins
Makes- 16 -20 fudge
Baby spinach- 8 oz. (2 cups)
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Coconut shredded - 1 cup (fresh or desiccated)
Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
Desiccated coconut- 1tbsp for garnishing
1. Heat coconut milk in a pot for a min.
2. Add dates and spinach. Boil for 6 mins. Let spinach wilt.
3. Cool the mixture for 10 mins. Add this to a food processer or a blender. Make a smooth paste.
4. Heat a heavy-based stainless steel pan. Dry roast shredded coconut for 3-4 mins on medium heat. Keep stirring till it gets golden.
5. Add spinach mixture and stir it nicely until moisture is gone. If you are using desiccated coconut, it will take 10 min to get cooked thoroughly. If you have taken fresh coconut, it takes 20-22 min until it thickens.
6. Add cardamom powder and mix it. stir the mixture to thicken it.
7. Spread the mixture in a rectangular dish with a spatula. Allow it to cool for 10 mins.
(Tip- You can slice fudge cleanly by refrigerating it for 20 minutes.)
8. Garnish it with desiccated coconut. Cut it into the desired size. Enjoy.